Re: Woody: VP6 and High Point 370 problems

"Colin Bell" <cp.bell@rogers.com> writes:

> I'm looking to install Woody on my machine and I have made a few attempts to
> install using the udma100+reiserfs images provided in the frozen distro.
> For some reason while booting with floppy boot disks built using rawwrite
> and the provided images in images-1.44 it freezes after discovering the hard
> drives connected to my HP370.  It stops right before it would normally ask
> for the root disk.
> Any ideas what might be wrong?

I suggest you try the compact images instead.  You'd have to convert
over partitions to reiserfs after install, if that's really what you
want to do.

Anyhow, this is a kernel issue, and aside from providing the different
flavors, these questions should be redirected to the kernel experts
and kernel-image-* package maintainers.  Thanks.