Re: Problems with network install of rescue.bin

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 01:30:49PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:

> In message <[🔎] 20011209050042.U2602@alcor.net>, Matt Zimmerman writes:
> >In case it wasn't apparent, I happened to install the base system BEFORE
> >installing the kernel and modules.  So it seems that the download URL was
> >set to point to the top of the archive tree, and then that (incorrect) path
> >was used when I went "back" to installing the kernel.
>
> Incidentally, this is basically the same issue as #122633 and #69155.

Hmm, I didn't realize this was a requested feature and not a bug. ;-) The
bug title is actually misleading; I don't care whether it remembers my
mirror selection.  The problem is that, if you do things in this order, the
default is wrong and doesn't work.

Any idea about the problem with extracting them once they've been
downloaded?

--
 - mdz