is more floppyies needed other than rescue & root.bin?

 Objective.  to do an ftp install off of the rescue and root.bin
 floppies.

 Hello, I am trying a new install via rescue.bin 2.2.17-reiserfs, from
 kernel-image-2.2.17-reserfs_2.2.17pre6

 This floppy correctly sees my nic card as it displays:

 3c59x.c 16AUG00 Donald Becker and others
 http://www.scyld.com/network/vortex.htm   ---before it prompts me for
 the rescue root.bin

 The root.bin creates the file system no problem but then says it does
 not recognize my nic card and that I should put in a floppy that
 contains the driver.  As I had understood it, it should already be
 loaded.  I haven't made it past this point yet but it also doesn't look
 good to do an ftp install using these two floppies.

 Are there any more floppies I should use or am I missing an obvious
 step?

 Any help appreciated.  Thank you.