error when installing woody's base system

Hi,

I'm not a debian developer, just found a bug (I think).
I would like to install woody, but got an error when installing base
system. I use compact-rescue floppy and choose network installation. At
first attempt log file says:
/usr/sbin/debootstrap: Bad file descriptor  (after 2 segmentation
faults...)

If I retries the base sys installation, it says:
/usr/sbin/debootstrap: arithmetic expression: syntax error "bootstrap: "

I saw there is no basedebs.tgz file on "http.us.debian.org/debian/...",
doesn't it a problem?
Problem was the same when I downloaded the binary-i386 dir into a local
hard drive and tried to install from there.

--
Peter Leipold
Software developer