Re: ANN: BFs BSE [3.0.8 + EXT3 + Parted]

#include <hallo.h>
Michael Bramer wrote on Wed Aug 08, 2001 um 11:23:11AM:

> >  - GNU parted (as alternative to cfdisk, half-integrated into dbootstrap)
>
> this is the big point.
>
> a integrated into dbootstrap is IMHO not need. But if you can

But not complicated.

>  switch to tty2
>  start parted move/resize/... win/... partition
> I am happy
>
> have you remove cfdisk?

Nope, you get a bug warning: go the usuall way (running cfdisk) or the
"expert" way (running parted or fdisk).

> > I uploaded the images and the diff file for testing to
> > http://people.debian.org/~blade/release/.
>
> Have we size on the 2.88 Images and can we add parted to it?

I didn't get real problems with size (not yet). The size of compressed
root with parted and its libs is 1469990, so it uses 99% of the 1.44MB
floppy.

And why do we use EXT2 for the root filesystem? It eats about 200kB
compared to minix. Are there any practical reasons for ext2 or should
minix be prefered?

Further, parted uses libncurses, included extra for parted. Linking with
busybox functions (if possible) could save more space.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
cat `locate .signature`