Re: [debian-installer] Full CDROM install

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 01:35:50PM +0200, Neal H Walfield wrote:
> > The libraries stuff was one of the less documented part of compilation.
> > There is one bool though :
> >
> > Linkers and Loaders
> > 	by John Levine, Morgan Kaufman
> >
> > It seems to cover the subject [I will have one this week, so I'll be able in
> > the near future to say if this is worth or not ;)]
>
> It is absolutely incredible.

BTW, it would be interesting to see somebody implementing a loader in a
bootstrapper (say GRUB), just in order (for monolithic kernel :-^) to link a
kernel with all the modules needed before booting. This would solve security
and access to the root fs as well...

--
Thierry LARONDE, Centre de Ressources Informatiques, Archamps - France
http://www.cri74.org/