Re: problem with common_posttasks

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 06:53:38PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> > I want two AmigaOS files to be executable in the archive. I added a chmod +x
> > to the bf-archive-install.sh in do_arch_m68k(), but since
> > do_common_posttasks() is called after that, the bits get lost again. Should
> > I add it in do_common_posttasks or does somebody have a better idea?
> > Maybe do_m68k_post_posttask?
>
> Either is ok.
Ok, I will add it. After I return.

> > Or is it forbidden to have executable files in the archive? Its pretty
> > annoying when you have to set that bit under the native OS (and even more
> > annoying that tar does not handle the bits correctly either...)
>
> It would be more annoying to have improper perms happening randomly
> due to the builders environment.
Sure, but the other problem is, when you unpack amigainstall.tgz (which has
the right permissions, because they are set just before the tarball is
built) the permissions get lost. Unpacking from linux: executable maps to
"s" which is for scripts. Unpacking from AmigaOS does not get it right
either AFAIR. But there is nothing which can be done in the boot-floppies.

Christian