Re: Build problem for Alpha bootdisks

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 03:45:37AM +0200, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> Do I have to add sysvinit to the package list, or what's the problem?

The problem was already being discussed starting at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot-0107/msg00603.html. The solution
is too simle: you just have to download some packages manually, i.e.
e2fsprogs, which isn't needed for the bootdisk (and won't be
unpacked). You'll need to do this until apt-get gets a switch for
telling it: "Hey, just download the packages without checking deps! I
want it! I know what I'm doing!" :-)

> I also wonder if we shouldn't use the milos from
> http://www.suse.de/~stepan/, which are actively being maintained by
> the SuSe folks. If nobody objects, I could try it.

That sounds great, because all MILOs I tried so far suck (can't read
my ext2 with sparse superblocks, even with a MILO said to be made out
of a 2.4.x-kernel...)

CU
    Thimo

--