[debian-installer] Some questions

[ Using the flag to not disturb those who are only interested in
  the old boot floppies ]

Hi,

i've taken a quick look at the documentation available in the CVS of
debian-installer.

I've got one question though. If we use cdebconf for all interactions,
we're never going to have a GUI for advanced partitionning (you know
something like PartitionMagic or the Mandrake partitionner, where
you can resize a FAT partition and see the result on a visual
representation of the disk), unless of course we launch an external
program that doesn't interact with cdebconf.

But launching an external program would break the nice encapsulation of the
UI. Was that already discussed ?

Another point is that the very beginning of the install process is not yet
clear in my mind. I understand that the boot image would include one
or several retrievers (and their dependencies) in order to let the system
get other modules for continuing the install but since we also want
autodetection of hardware, this will also have to fit in that boot image
(at least to autodetect the medium that will be used to retrieve the rest
of the install), no ?

I've also seen in the documentation that :

|	We have a small chrooted system that is being autobuilt daily.
|	A single bootable floppy image has been created, and works.

Where's that ? any pointer or url ?

Cheers,

PS: joeyh, i'd still like an updated status beeing posted, or is the TODO
fully up-to-date and there's nothing more/new to say ?
Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com