Bug#98305: marked as done (Minor inconsistency with editors)
Your message dated Sun, 22 Jul 2001 14:48:57 -0400
with message-id <E15OOHh-0002BPemail@example.com>
and subject line Bug#98305: fixed in boot-floppies 3.0.8
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere. Please contact me immediately.)
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)
Received: (at quiet) by bugs.debian.org; 21 May 2001 21:03:49 +0000
>From firstname.lastname@example.org Mon May 21 16:03:48 2001
Received: from ip209-183-76-22.as.indy.net (indianaufies.org) [188.8.131.52]
by master.debian.org with smtp (Exim 3.12 1 (Debian))
id 151wqC-00061c-00; Mon, 21 May 2001 16:03:48 -0500
Received: (qmail 84795 invoked by uid 1000); 21 May 2001 21:04:42 -0000
Received: from localhost (email@example.com)
by localhost with SMTP; 21 May 2001 21:04:42 -0000
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:04:42 -0500 (EST)
From: Chris McNett <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Minor inconsistency with editors
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
When I invoke vi or emacs in the install system, it says:
Emacs and vi are available in Debian, but wouldn't fit on the
installation floppies. Please type "nano" to invoke a tiny, but
When I invoke ae, it says:
This filesystem provides "nano" rather than "ae" now.
Please use that.
The command on the floppy is nano-tiny, not nano. Please either update the
scripts or create a symlink between nano and nano-tiny. I had to do a
find /|grep nano to figure it out.
If I have made a mistake, or if this has been reported before, sorry.
Received: (at 98305-close) by bugs.debian.org; 22 Jul 2001 19:13:20 +0000
>From email@example.com Sun Jul 22 14:13:20 2001
Received: from auric.debian.org [::ffff:184.108.40.206]
by master.debian.org with esmtp (Exim 3.12 1 (Debian))
id 15OOfI-0005Wp-00; Sun, 22 Jul 2001 14:13:20 -0500
Received: from troup by auric.debian.org with local (Exim 3.12 1 (Debian))
id 15OOHh-0002BP-00; Sun, 22 Jul 2001 14:48:57 -0400
From: Adam Di Carlo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
X-Katie: $Revision: 1.54 $
Subject: Bug#98305: fixed in boot-floppies 3.0.8
Sender: James Troup <email@example.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 14:48:57 -0400
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
boot-floppies, which has been installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Adam Di Carlo <email@example.com> (supplier of updated boot-floppies package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 00:21:10 -0400
Binary: boot-floppies install-doc
Maintainer: Debian Install System Team <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Adam Di Carlo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
boot-floppies - Scripts to create the Debian installation system
install-doc - Documentation for Debian installation and release notes
Closes: 98305 104114 104117 104117 105364
boot-floppies (3.0.8) unstable; urgency=low
* Matt Kraai
- check that DHCP really did successfully configure the interface
- report floppy merge problems so that they aren't ignored, and
handle short writes gracefully (reported by A. Robicek)
- restore escape characters to f5.txt (closes: #104114).
- in the `Report a Problem' step, log cp error messages instead of
dirtying the console, and fix a segmentation fault (closes: #104117)
- check host name for RFC 1035 compliance (closes: #105364).
* Adam Di Carlo
- debian/control: new Uploaders tag in source package for potential
source uploaders (requires new dpkg-dev)
- rootdisk: lazybox referred to nano rather than nano-tiny
* Ethan Benson
- Use e2fsprogs-bf instead of e2fsprogs
- rootdisk.sh: don't rm -rf $E until after mklibs.sh is run
- rootdisk.sh: run mklibs.sh with -L $E/lib:$E/usr/lib:/lib:/usr/lib
this way we don't end up getting the binaries from the extract area
and the non-pic libs from /lib and /usr/lib (instead of the extract area).
- Add support for installing base via a pile o' floppies (not tested yet).
- Set TMPDIR=/target/tmp in ybinwrapper, avoids failures since ramdisk
root filesystem is small.
- Add yaboot binary to $release/powermac so users don't have to go find one.
- Change rootdisk permission fixup to not touch device file permissions,
that way loop mounting a root.bin does not create a security hole.
- Fix floppy_split to properly pad the last floppy with nulls.
- Change `Install Operating System Kernel and Modules' to
`Install Kernel and Driver Modules' so aj won't be confused.
- Add patch from Colin Walters to support basedebs.tgz.
- Ignore .resource and .finderinfo when building lists of valid directories
- Make problem_report create a .fdisk-dump file for each disk, contents is
the output of fdisk -l <disk>.
- Update mac partition types/descriptions.
* Henning Heinold
- Alpha kernel is now 2.2.19
- Alpha glibc is now 2.2.3
- mipsel kernelversion is now 2.4.5
- fixing some points of the alpha build
* Christian T. Steigies
- m68k: Penguin-19 replaces both -18 and -17
* Richard Hirst
- ia64 support. Now invokes elilo to do boot partition setup.
- Don't redisplay keyboard selection menu if user hits cancel on it. Makes
it easy to keep kernel keymap if a suitable alternative is not available.
- hppa: tidy up better in release.sh:do_arch_hppa()
* Phil Blundell
- include SCSI support in RiscPC root disk
* David Kimdon
- Danish update to dbootstrap thanks to Claus Hindsgaul <email@example.com>
- when writing a problem report nfs mount must be read/write
700e0ddf65cee859dff51f470985e315 1231 devel extra boot-floppies_3.0.8.dsc
f7beef30a868badcbf6f2d6b174877da 2894020 devel extra boot-floppies_3.0.8.tar.gz
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----