Re: Install Success

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 07:35:36PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:

> I installed the new 3.0.8 release of boot-floppies on a Quadra 650 tonight.
> I used the network to install base, as my network was automatically
> supported. DHCP configured without any problem. In fact, the whole
> installation went off without a single hitch, partitioning included.
Note: This is a CVS build, I am just about to upload the "real" 3.0.8 m68k
version.

I tested this one with the basedebs and it works a little better for me, ie
I can unpack the basedebs and the essential packages get installed, exim get
its empty config. Installing base packages. But then it fails with:
 Failure trying to run: dpkg --force-auto-select --force-overwrite --force
I select continue, but after the 5th message:
 debootstrap exited with an error (return value 1)
and I am back at the welcome screen.

Same error when I install packages from the network (after setting the
nameserver right, how can I use the IP of my firewall/gateway as
nameserver?).

Why is it working on everbodys Mac but not on the box where the boot-floppies
were built??? Maybe diskspace is an issue, I will try again after I can
free a 1G partition. My testpartition is ~100MB, but at the point of
failure there is still some room:

[...]
/dev/hda9                94679     73297     16494  82% /mnt

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/