Re: woddy from disk install problem

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 09:58:10PM -0400, Robert Schweikert wrote:
>
> > and this is where things go wrong. When I try to let the installer find
> > the release directory it is not found. When I point the installer to
> > /target the release packages are not found. When I point the installer
> > to /target/usr the release packages are not found. WHen I provide the
> > full path i.e. /target/usr/dists/woddy/main/binary-i386 the stuff still
>                                    ^^^^^
> > isn't found. In all cases I get the following message:
> >
> > path
> >
> > does not contain the file dists/woody/main/binary-i386/Release
>                                   ^^^^^
>
> The current pre-release version of Debian is called "woody", not "woddy".

But of course, and I was surprised it could find the path. Yes I did fat finger
this one and I didn't see it. Thanks.

After correcting my fat fingering and downloading the "Release" and "Release.gpg"
file from the ftp site I now get the message

"Malformed release file /target/usr/woody/Release"

The release file starts as follows

# more /ideDr/usr/dists/woody/Release

Origin: Debian

Label: Debian