Re: ResierFS in boot-floppies (was: Debian "reiserfsprogs" and installation)

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 08:10:17AM -0600, Ed Boraas wrote:
> What are our plans for boot-floppies, wrt supporting a ReiserFS root
> partition? At the very least, would it be feasible to include mkreiserfs on
> the boot set? I know that there's some code in boot-floppies to ask about
> formatting using ReiserFS, but I'm not sure if it's enabled.

i have a reiserfs kernel sitting in incoming, waiting on the ftp-masters
to okay it.

i have that kernel in an apt-get'able archive at
deb http://people.debian.org/~jaqque woody main contrib non-free

or you can use
wget http://people.debian.org/~jaqque/dists/woody/main/binary-i386/kernel-image-2.2.19-reiserfs_2.2.19-1_i386.deb

all the reiserfs code is in the cvs tree, the only thing not checked in
yet are the makefile type things to build the reiserfs images. i was
waiting on the kernel to make it into unstable, but since i have it
publicly available through other means, i may go ahead and check in the
changes today.

-john