Re: test boot-floppies (2.2.21) for m68k available

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 04:08:51PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> "Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> > TEST boot-floppies, built from fridays CVS are available at
> >   http://auric.debian.org/~cts/bf/
> > I used 2.2.17 kernel-images (thats why they should be tested!) and included
> > also Penguin17 (18 is still there).
> > Will feed those changes into CVS if I get some feedback. Its working fine on
> > my Amiga.
Hmm, feedback was not exactly overwhelming, the kernel works on Macs, but
that I was told before.

> Will it be possible to internationalize these?  Do you have room on
> root.bin?
IIRC we can make root.bin as large as we want? We do not use floppies, so
there is no restriction?

root.bin seems to be 864k currently on amiga/atari and mac, we can fill them
up to 1440k? How do we internationalize them? And for whom?
VME seems to use floppy images which are already 1440k, no idea how space is
left on those.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato