[i18n] Is the unicode font on bootfloppy complete?

Hi there,

  I would like to know if the unicode fonts for bootfloppy
is complete. We are working on localize the boot floppy for
Chinese. What do we need to do except translate the .pot file
and other message files as indicated in README-Translators?

  There are 2 fonts in the bf-utf directories. One is ucs.bdf
and the other is unifont.bdf. The ucs.bdf claims to have 4366
characters but it actually has 22,226 ones. The unifont.bdf
has 34,725 characters. Do we need to add more chars to some
font files in order to support Chinese?

  According to bf-localization, that a *.acm file should be created for every
language supported. Is it still the case? It seems that in for
the linux console, there are two screen modes, one is the
unicode screen mode and the other one is the byte-screen
mode. The *.acm is only needed for the byte-screen mode.
For the unicode screen mode, the console treate input stream
as utf-8 sequences and map those directly to the screen font.
Since all the translated files on a boot floppy will be converted
to utf-8 and a unicode font will be used, what are the reasons
not to use the unicode screen mode?

  hmm...the README-Translators does not ask to create a *.acm
file. What's the current approach here?

Thanks for help!

--
Best regard