Re: [VA-Debian] Comments from a first-time Debian install.....

Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, Dec 03, 2000 at 01:49:26AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Well, for instance, even with booting with the 'compact' set, which
> > has a lot of ethernet cards included, on my system at home, I need the
> > 3c509 driver installed.  So, if I want to install the rest of the
> > system over the network, I need to load the module here.
> >
> > I guess I should try to clarify in the UI that this step is for
>
> Well, that's not really true, is it?  Don't we write out /target/etc/modules
> here?  I don't think that we touch it any other time.

modconf writes that file.  The user can run modconf (or compile a new
kernel) post-installation.

For the purposes of installing the system, it is true that all the
"drivers" you need to configure are those that you require to install
the system, QED.