Re: busybox in woody (was Re: first weekly debian-installer status report)

On Tue Nov 14, 2000 at 03:12:27PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> > Well, I already have an install.sh script.  If I provide the busybox.links
> > file that is generated at compile time then this would work just fine.
> > Then I could simply install /bin/busybox and /usr/bin/install_busybox.sh
> > and then when you go to install things you could simply run
> >
> >     /usr/bin/install_busybox.sh /mnt/target [--hardlinks]
> >
> > and it would install busybox to the target directory with the required
> > directory tree and needed links.  Sure I can do this if you would prefer.
> > Sound agreeable?
>
> Sounds pretty good on the face of it.

Now that I have a first pass at the woody debian-installer busybox package out
there, I now need to make another package to satisfy the woody boot-floppies.

Of course, unless something is broken, the boot-floppies could continue using
the version of busybox already included in the boot-floppies source tree, since
that version has been fairly well tested and using that is certainly the path
of least effort.

But you are the boss here Adam.  Still want a busybox-bf package?

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org