Re: busybox in main

On Wed Oct 25, 2000 at 09:26:00PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > > 	dists/ stable/ main/
> > > 		binary-i386/
> > > 			various .debs
> > > 		disks-i386/
> > > 			various .udebs
> > > 			some basic boot-floppies
> > > 			release notes
> > > 		source/
> > > 			source to all the .debs and .udebs
> >
> > I don't like this scheme because it's assuming either/or with debian-installer vs
> > boot-floppies.  Forcing this either/or decision is going to make releasing woody a lot
> > harder.
>
> Do you think we should try to get some directory like
> dists/unstable/main/debian-installer? I'm all for it since it's a
> clearer directory name anyway.

I'd go for dists/unstable/debian-installer myself.  This is really not a part
of main.  And since we are requiring completely separate packages (.udebs),
having a separate archive section makes sense really.  The only downside (which
favors dists/unstable/main/debian-installer), is that then we would duplicate
src packages for things also in main...

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org