Re: Priorities

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Ben Collins wrote:

> 	Task packages can define different levels of installation. The
> 	tasksel program will follow these rules for each case:
>
> 	- Minimum, installs everything that the task-* package Depends on
> 	- Standard, installs everything in Minimum, plus packages that it
> 	  Recommends
> 	- Complete, installs all of the above plus packages that it
> 	  Suggests

I've seen at least one package (I forget which) that recommended or
suggested alternate packages, from which one would normally choose one
only. Perhaps they could even be mutually incompatible. How would your
model handle this?

- Robert

--
W. Robert J. Funnell, Ph.D., Eng., Assoc. Prof.
Dept. BioMedical Engineering, McGill University