Re: potato vanillla boot-floppies packange cant make boot floppy on HP Omnibook 6000

Sorry for the delay in replying - Horrid MS Source(Un)Safe problems at
work. Wouldnt have similar issues with CVS.

In message <[🔎] oawvfa6hhq.fsf@arroz.fake>, Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com>
writes
re - cannot make a boot floppy.
>I cannot reproduce this problem.  I've created several custom boot
>floppies from dbootstrap.
Got round it by manually formatting a floppy and using the tty2 console
to create a symlink to a surrogate superformat which just does "exit 0".
Rest of install then completes fine.

Lilo doesnt automatically install lba32
>This latter is a known bug.  I'm looking to change this tonight.
>Just do your lilo business on tty2...
>Or can't you use the mbr program in the boot partition and still boot
>windows from that?  I'm not sure...
Believe it does work OK these days but my route leaves the MBR looking
normal and in minimally invasive to Windows install so keeps company's
IT Support happy. They wouldnt know what to do with a LILO prompt anyway
and would then probably refuse to support the rest of the machine!

HP with W95 or W2000 or pre-installed so the only other "invasive" bit
was using Partition Magic to resize the NTFS partition to make space.
(The laptop also has hibernation partition and FAT based C: partition).

--
Dave Williams @ Home