Re: READ-pl.txt

On Sun, Oct 15, 2000 at 04:34:14AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> "Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org> writes:
>
> > That's done for i386, but I do not see any trace of READ-??.txt for the
> > other arches? What happens there?
>
> Sounds like a flub up.  It should be done for all arches, not just
> i386.
Right.

> > And why READ-??.txt, will there be readmes for other languages as
> > well? Someday? With this name? Was this discussed on this list?
>
> Yes yes and yes.
So it has to be improved for m68k before text for other languages come in.

> > So my m68k fix should work (already checked in), the build should be ready
> > in about 2..3 hours.
>
> Did you fix it for all arches or just m68k?
No, because I do not know how it works on other arches and I have no chance to
test. But I guess it should look like this:

  (cd $release && tar cz --remove-files -f bf-misc${suffix}.tar.gz \
        README.txt md5sum.txt base-contents.txt)
                 ^- add READ-??.txt here for powerpc

  (cd $release && tar cz --remove-files -f bf-misc${suffix}.tar.gz \
      README.txt md5sum.txt base-contents.txt MILO APB)
                 ^- and there for alpha.
sparc does not seem to install READMEs at all, but maybe I simply don't
understand the magic there.

Christian