Re: Language chooser - patch

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 02:01:16AM +0200, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> Here is the patch.

Glancing at it, it looks pretty good and should be comitted into the
mainline of the boot-floppies CVS.  It will have no adverse affect if the
LANG_CHOOSER is not being used.

The only grotty thing about it, really, is that it required us to have
bf-utf8 in the same parent dir as the boot-floppies area is, which is
pretty much the best we can do in a bad situation, IMHO.

Aside from the font problems (I wish I had a clue!), the next step is to
build/test and be sure it works.  If that is good, we need to modify the
top-level makefile so that LANG_CHOOSER is enabled by default, *unless*
the kernel in question doesn't support, uh, framebuffer, I think, which
means at least the vanilla and udma66 kernels for i386.  Not sure about
other arches.