Unidentified subject!

Sender: apharris@arroz.fake
To: "Latigo" <latigo@ciudad.com.ar>
Cc: debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: aec671x_detect hang
From: Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com>
Date: 08 Oct 2000 17:48:34 -0400

"Latigo" <latigo@ciudad.com.ar> writes:

>  Hi. My debian installation hangs at some point when (afaik) trying to de=
tect
>                                 scsi devices.
>=20
>         The last message i see before it hangs is 'aec671x_detect: '.
[...]
>  Does anybody have any clue what=A0i could do in order to succesfully boo=
t and
>                        install debian on this machine?

For one, please use the potato images (now stable) rather than the
outdated slink ones.   See http://www.debian.org/releases/stable.  The
URL you cited *does* indicate that slink is obsolete.

Next, use the 'compact' set of root/boot/drivers for your SCSI card.

Let us know if that doesn't work.

--=20