aec671x_detect hang

Hi. My debian installation hangs at some point when (afaik) trying to detect scsi devices.
The last message i see before it hangs is 'aec671x_detect: '.
I have searched usenet and found some references to http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/   which contains two links to different rescue floppies for machines with scsi devices but both of them are 404 links. :(

Does anybody have any clue what i could do in order to succesfully boot and install debian on this machine?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Latigo