Re: NMI loops during install on intel VLB system

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 05:58:51PM -0400, David C wrote:
> I'm trying to install potato on this Intel machine using floppies, and when
> it gets up to the point where you are supposed to insert the root diskette
> it goes into a loop that says:
>
> NMI received for unknown reason 2c
> Dazed and confused, but trying to continue.
> Do you have a strange power saving mode enabled?
> NMI received for unknown reason 3c
> (messages repeat...)
[...]
> The machine in question is a 486DX2 CPU on a Soyo 25N VESA Local Bus
> motherboard with 32MB RAM.  The only cards in the system are a Promise
> EIDE2300+ floppy/hard disk controller and an STB Sprint 1.1 Trident-based
> video card.  The BIOS is an Award 2C4I9S23.

You probably want to talk to some kernel wizards about this problem.  Be
sure you provide the kernel version (I think we used 2.2.17 for the potato
boot disks).

--
G. Branden Robinson             |
Debian GNU/Linux                |   If God had intended for man to go about