Re: PCI autodetection

> Please don't forget that debian supports machines without pci bus. What would
> your changes to boot floppies do if this is the case ?

Nothing.  The program that does autopci detection just says "Can't find
PCI bus" and you go one to configure the drivers the old way.

> Also, it would be nice to add support for other kind of buses. zorro
> for amiga like hardware (you can use zorroutils i guess) for example.

I don't have an amiga to try this on.

> I think other supported non pci bus include the sbus based sparc
> boxes. Don't know about those though.

Sparcs use sbus and/or PCI, depending on the Sparc you've got.

As I mentioned before, _just_ autodetecting PCI cards will cover a _large_
number of cases, so that's what I'm shooting for.  If someone else with an
Amiga wants to do the same thing for zorro, I'll help if I can.

							Will