Re: 2.2.17 i386 boot-floppies uploading

On Sun, Oct 01, 2000 at 02:16:44PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> boot-floppies 2.2.17 i386 is now in Incoming, and also
> <URL:http://auric.debian.org/~aph/>.
>
> We'll be building 2.2.18 hopefully within a few days, so please try
> this out quickly so we can see if it has any bad bugs.
I built it for m68k, no problems (building). However, the changes files
lists a README.pl file (polish readme) which is m68k specific (m68k is
mentioned there). Its impossible to upload this, since builds for other
arches will probably also have this file, for their special architecture.

m68k: the mac people want to bump up their kernel to 2.2.16. When we finally
receive the patches, we might be able to built 2.2.16 kernel images for the
other architectures as well, until then we would have to use 2.2.16 for mac
and 2.2.10 for everybody else, is it possible to do that for m68k (I think
Ive seen something similar for powerpc)?
Special request: for hardware not supported by 2.2.16 it was recommended to
have a macinstallback.tgz which uses 2.2.10, is that feasable?
I think we want new kernel images (2.2.10) for amiga and atari anyway, how
much time do we have till 2.2.18 (hint for debian-68k: I need the patches to
go in, without them I can not built kernel-images)?

Christian