Need help with New Maintainer Application....

Greets, folks! :^)

I am writing you folks because I need some input.

I am an Application Manager with the NM team. I have an applicant
who says he wants to help out with debian-boot. He claims to have
write access to cvs.d.o/debian-boot, and to have been involved in
the effort to translate it into French.

One of my tasks is to verify that an applicant has the skills
required to carry out their intentions WRT Debian. I would imagine
that this applicant _has_ the skill, or he wouldn't have asked. :^)
However, since I am not a member of the debian-boot team, I will
have to defer to your expertise and opinions. :^)

[ I am a lowly package maintainer and petty bureaucrat. ;^>
[ That's where my tasks and skills lie....

If this person does indeed have write access to CVS, I would imagine
that someone on the debian-boot team knows him, and can vouch for him
WRT to identity and skill.

[ Re: Identity. I haven't checked his key yet, as I don't have it yet.

If someone is willing to help out in this matter, please reply
to me in private. I am not subscribed to debian-boot, so if you
post a public reply, please CC me. :^)

Thanx in advance for your time! :^)

Cheers!
/ Clay Crouch, UNIX Weenie ;^>     | <danno@danno.tzo.com>           \
| Debian Package Maintainer        | <danno@debian.org>              |
|    "Away put your weapon; I mean you no harm." -- Master Yoda      |
| 1024D/7D2AD631: 2319 2356 FEDF 4631 63F3 762A E443 1C2A 7D2A D631  |