Re: Poweredge 2400 Raid-5 booting debian

> Should a bug be filed against kernel-source to include a patch? Does
> the license allow that?

I think it's ok to do that. I downloaded the 2.2.16 kernel from
kernel.org. (I'll check it again just to be sure...) and the aacraid
driver where there, but not in the 2.2.17 kernel. I do know that Alan Cox
is buzy with the aacraid driver, cleaning up and that sort of stuff.
So I guess including the aacraid modules whould be enough in the 2.2.17
kernel would be enough right? Since Debian is a kind of server destro I
think it would be nice to have better raid support ar at least a better
HowTO buut my 'non standard' hardware. Not something like: Put you own
kernel at the boot disk, but a more step by step instructions.
If I look back at how I installed the server It took me about two weeks
to find the info and try think's out. Now I can do it in a matter of
ours.
I'm not a real boot guru but I can this thinks out for you if you like
that is if you where planning to make boot disk's for aacraid compatible
servers.

Ries