Re: 2.2.17 i386 boot-floppies uploading

Previously Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> We'll be building 2.2.18 hopefully within a few days, so please try
> this out quickly so we can see if it has any bad bugs.

I'll be uploading dpkg 1.6.15, a new modutils and a new base-passwd
for stable today as well. I'll also do the recompiles for other
architectures so you don't have to wait for that.

Important fixes:
* update-alternatives handles updating slave links correctly and sets
  a link to manual mode if --config is used. Currently --config is very
  good at breaking alternatives..
* dpkg -l output honours COLUMNS environment and will check if its
  outputing to a tty. Also makes it somewhat faster since the current
  version checks the tty width for each line of output (oops!)
* modutils no longer produces error/warning messages if a kernel does
  not support modules. This is causing a nice number of bugreports.
* update-passwd modified to keep a backup file of passwd/shadow/group.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |