Re: &mdash in boot-floppies/documentation

Adam Di Carlo (adam@onshore.com) wrote:
> Michael Sobolev <mss@transas.com> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 01:38:34PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > > I guess so.  Since we aren't likely (I don't think!) to get an updated
> > > debiandoc-sgml, can someone check to see whether we could perhaps
> > > define the mdash entity, when making HTML, to '-' or '--', perhaps in
> > > defaults.ent?
>
> > Well, my knowledge of SGML is not very solid, so I could be wrong, but AFAIK
> > just defining mdash somewhere in the document does not help, as those ISO
> > entities are processed earlier, and, as we all know, in SGML world the first
> > wins. :)
>
> It's true that the first wins, but defining it in the document
> preamble, for instance, would definately be the first and win.
>
> > > If someone can get this fixed (I don't have time) and just commit it
> > > in CVS that would pretty much fix the problem.
>
> > Maybe we could wait a bit before Ardo pays some attention to #72550?
>
> Yes, but is he planning on putting that into Potato?

Well, I can make a version for potato which (more or less) solves this, but
the real question of course is will the RM let me put it in potato.  In other
words: how critical do you think this is for it needing to be fixed in potato?

Thanks,
Ardo
--
Ardo van Rangelrooij