boot problems with potato and scsi

Hi

I have tried for the first time to install  Debian GNU/Linux  Potato
from the official CDs. The kernel hangs while trying to recognize an ISA

scsi card  that comes with a scanner Mustek Paragon 1200-SP. I know
there is no driver under Linux for this kind of cards, not even Windows
recognizes it (Chip Symbios Logic 53C400A, I/O Port 280, no
interrupt and no DMA) .  I tried to start the kernel with linux
reserve=0280
(or 0288), I have tried also with the parameter linux gdth=disable:y,
but
nothing worked.  I finally managed to install Debian GNU/Linux by
removing
this card, what of course is not a long time solution ....
There is a copy the boot sequence in the attached file
debian_bootlog.txt .

Thanks a lot  for some help.

Pierre Burri, Berlin

md driver 0.36.6 MAX_MD_DEV=4, MAX_REAL=8
scsi: <fdomain> Detection failed (no card)
NCR53c406a: no available ports found
sym53c416.c: Version 1.0.0
scsi0: interrupts not enable. for better interactive performance,
scsi0: please jumper the board for a free IRQ,
scsi0: at 0x0288 interrupts disabled options CAN_QUEUE=32 CMD_PER_LUN=2
release=3 generic options AUTOPROBE_IRQ AUTOSENSE PSEUDO DMA UNSAFE
generic release=7 Failed initialisation of WD-7000 SCSI card!
IBM MCA SCSI: No Microchanel-bus support present -> Aborting.
megaraid: v107 (December 22, 1999)
aec671x_detect:
3w-xxxx: tw_findcard(): No cards found.
scsi0: Pro Audio Spectrum-a6 SCSI
scsi: 1 host.
scsi: aborting due to timeout : pid 0, scsi0. channel 0, id 0, lun 0,
Test Unit Ready 00 00 00 00
scsi0 : aborting command
scsi0 : destination target 0, lun 0,
	command = Test Unit Ready 00 00 00 00
NCR3580 : coroutine is running.
STATUS_REG: 01, PARITY
BASR: 00
ICR: 00
MODE: 01, MODE ARBITRATION
scsi0: REQ not asserted, phase unknown.

NCR3580 core release=7,    PAS16 release=3
Base Addr: 0x00000	io_port: 0288 	IRQ: None.
Hightwater I/O busy_spin_counts  -- write: 0  read: 0
NCR3580 : coroutine is running.
scsi0: no currently connected command
scsi0: issue queue
scsi0: disconnected queue

scsi0 : aborting command
scsi0 : destination target 0, lun 0
        command = Test Unit Ready 00 00 00 00
NCR5380 : coroutine is running.
STATUS_REG: 00
BASR: 00
ICR: 00
MODE: 01 , MODE ARBITRATION
scsi0 : phase MSGOUT

NCR5380 core release=7. PAS16 release=3
Base Addr: 0x00000	io_port: 0288	IRQ: None.
Highwater I/O busy_spin_counts -- write:0  read: 0
NCR3580 : coroutine is running.
scsi0: no currently connected command
scsi0: issue queue
scsi0: disconnected queue

scsi0: warning : SCSI command probably completed successfully
	before abortion