Re: busybox_0.45-1_i386.changes REJECTED

On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 07:58:39PM +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 12:40:55PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> > I don't think he undertstands that this "package" was previously an
> > integral part of the boot-floppies package and has since been split out
> > for easier maintainence.
>
> "Easy maintenance" is not a valid reason to include noninstallable
> packages in the distribution and thus irritate the users.
>
> BTW, I am perfectly aware of what busybox is.
>
> > He needs to revert that decision.
>
> Why is it that everyone seems to be against discussing this matter
> in a proper forum?  (I'd prefer that Erik or someone else from -boot
> initiated this discussion so that the list gets a clean propsal that
> can be discussed.)

No one is against discussing it. It was already discussed with the people
that matter. If it can't be installed, and it is documented as such in the
package description, then I see nothing of how it affects the distribution
as a whole. The only other alternative is to provide a source .deb instead
of a binary package.

Ben