Re: busybox_0.45-1_i386.changes REJECTED

On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 10:24:53AM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Sat Jul 01, 2000 at 11:27:31AM -0400, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> > This package violates policy in several ways:
> >   - first of all, the busybox binary package does not include
> >     a copyright file, a changelog file or - indeed - a
> >     /usr/[share/]doc/ directory!
> >
> >   - second of all,
> > E: busybox: symlink-should-be-relative bin/head /bin/busybox
> > [...]
> >
> >   - third of all, I am not sure if it is a good idea to
> >     include a package in the distribution that cannot be
> >     installed into a system without breaking that system
> >     (this package conflicts with many essential packages)
> >     You should definitely bring this issue up on -devel or
> >     -policy before reuploading (btw, I cannot find an ITP
> >     for this package...)

I don't think he undertstands that this "package" was previously an
integral part of the boot-floppies package and has since been split out
for easier maintainence. He needs to revert that decision.

Erik, it might have been a good idea to include this info in the package
upload so there was no misunderstanding :)

Ben