Re: boot floppy cont

> Hugh Welwood wrote:

> > I still have a problem installing the system though. For what ever reason
> > the install program won't rcognize my cdrom when I reply to the prompt
> > asking for the drive it's located on.

> > 	CDROM (MATSHITA) (AKA MATSUSHITA) (CR-562-X  0 .76)
> > 		USED FOR SB16 (SOUND BLASTER)
> > 		(NO PROBLEM READING THE DEBIAN GNU DISC when dos was loaded)

You probably haven't loaded the right kernel modules for it.
Which flavor of boot-floppies are you using?  When you went to
"configure drivers", which drivers did you pick, if any?

You should be loading the sbpcd module I believe.

Have you read the CDROM HOWTO
<URL:http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CDROM-HOWTO.html>?