["A. Teutonico" <ateut@erols.com>] CD-ROM module install bug on frozen 2.2 install disk?

--- Begin Message ---
Hi Karl,

I am using the install disk images from the "Frozen" directory
(images from March 29th 2000), but experience strange problems with

I have a Sony33A CD-ROM, for which there is a module available. But
when trying to load it this happens:

Right after the prompt for the module parameters ("cdu31a_port=
etc.) on the bottom of the screen this error pops up briefly:

/target/usr/sbin/modconf: /sbin/update-modules: Not Found

then proceeds to the message: Will now install...can pause up to a
minute...and then this:

/lib/modules/2.2.14/cdrom/cdu31a.o: init_module: Device or resource
busy

/lib/modules/2.2.14/cdrom/cdu31a.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.2.14/cdrom/cdu31a.o failed

/lib/modules/2.2.14/cdrom/cdu31a.o: insmod cdu31a failed

Installation failed

I know, that the CD is working fine and the parameters I pass are
correct, because I am using the same for Redhat and it works without
problems there (and *only* with those parameters). So it must be
something in the installation routine. It also seems to happen with
other modules (aztech, for example), but not all of them. If you
could take a look at it, that be appreciated.

Ciao

ateut@erols.com

--- End Message ---