Re: pcmcia bugs

Brian Mays <brian@debian.org> wrote:

>> #61882

> I agree with you on this bug, the correct location is
> "/lib/modules/2.2.14-ide".  What is the final decision here?  Are we going
> to have to require ALL kernels of a particular version to conflict with
> each other!!?  (Note that this means that all of my pcmcia-modules-2.2.14
> packages are going to have to conflict with each other, and I'm NOT
> looking forward to supporting that!)  That seems very stupid to me, and it
> defeats the whole point of adding kernel flavors to begin with.

As I have said before, the only reason for the existence of the -ide package
is because people have cards that are not supported by the vanilla kernel.
So they will only want to use one of those packages, not both of them
together.  This plus the fact that adding things to the end of version numbers
should be avoided unless it is really necessary means that at leasts for
the -ide case, it should be /lib/modules/2.2.14.