Re: m68k boot-floppies

"Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org> writes:

> Ok ok, its subarches, not flavours. But my general understanding was right?

Yes.

> > See the top-level README-Users.m4 for a description.  But I'm pretty

> cts@ap031:~/user/CVS/boot-floppies>grep m68k README* |wc
>       2      13     172
> m68k is exactly mentioned twice...

So?

That file establishes the logical arrangement of where the files go,
no matter what the platform or architecture.  ARM isn't mentioned at
all I think, yet, an intelligent person could read that, and, knowing
how ARM works, figure out how to lay out the files in a manner
consistent with other arches and with the general plan.

> > I'll let Nick do that, but I will say that raw disk images are what
> > goes in images-1.44 etc.  Files specifically for installation under a
> > given OS should probalby be placed, i.e., in mac/macos or some such.

> For slink it was mac/debian, why not just mac/, atari/, amiga/?

That's acceptable...

> slink hade some scripts for the ftp maintainers, telling about the directory
> layout. Is this still needed? I think its all explained in the tar.gz files
> and I could find anything similar for other arches. Anyway, as they are now,
> they are completely outdated.

Stomp-em!  The releases/ subdir should be laid out as it is supposed
to be, and thus, the .tar.gz files, of course.