Re: boot-floppies 2.2.9 report

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 03:26:24PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > > - When asked what access method to use (cdrom / http / ftp / manual
> > >   edit) I chose cdrom, and was subsequently prompted for the name of the
> > >   cdrom. The example was something like "Debian 2.1r4 cdrom 1", which is
> > >   (a) a wrong example to give as most end users will copy that, and
> > >   (b) not what the volume label is, which is reasonably easy to find out:
> > >         LABEL=`dd if=/dev/cdrom bs=1 skip=32808 count=32 | tr`
> > >       will do nicely.  I believe there's a specific tool for this
> > >       somewhere, but can't recall its name just now.
> >
> > Um.  At what stage does this occur?  Looks like you should file a bug
> > against base-config I guess.
>
> Apt, actually. That's apt-cdrom doing that prompting. And it should only
> prompt for rather damanged or badly-made cd images's, if I recall correctly.

I have make debian potato cd-set with a 04042000 Mirror and I have no
Problems.

> > > - After the procedure scans the "index" files (I guess the Packages
> > >   files), it came back to the question of what access method to use
> > >   (cdrom / http / ftp / manual edit). By choosing "manual edit" and then
> > >   quitting ae it went onto the next phase.
> >
> > This sounds like a nasty base-config problem.

I have the same 'Problem'.

> Pauil, did you see a failure message? There are only supposed to be two
> branches that code can take:
>
> * apt-get update returns failure. Display a message with the failure
>   message from apt, and return to start.

I don't see a failure.

> * apt-get update retyurns success. Make new source perminant, and ask
>   the user if they want to add another entry. If so, return to start, if
>   not, exit.

I think this was it. Can you add a text like this "If you have add all
your sources, go to exit"

Can you make a 'back button' in debconf-frontend? I miss this button

Gruss
Grisu
PGP: finger grisu@master.debian.org  -- Linux Sysadmin   -- Use Debian Linux
»Unix  IS  user friendly - it's just selective about who its friends are !«