Problems installing lilo on master boot record with debian

I have now with both boot disks 2.2.4 and 2.2.8 tried to install debian with

lilo but the installation fails to write lilo on my mbr.

I have an IBM Aptiva PII 400MHZ 128MRam
In addition I have 2 disks
Disk 1: 8Giga type Maxtor
Disk 2: 13Giga type Western Digital

I use my first disk for Nt and tries to install Debian on my second disk
On my first disk I have created a 15 Meg Fat partition, so there should be
no
problem installing lilo on the master boot record. The only error message I
get when
installing is that "An error occurred Unable to save lilo to the mbr "

I have also tried to install Redhat 6.1 and 6.2 and THIS PROBLEM IS NOT
present
with these distributions.

Kjell Helge Stroem

                 ,,,                   _!!!!!__
                (o o)                  ( O-O )
------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo-----
Kjell Helge Stroem, Edb Infomedica, Pb 1175,
	            N-9262 TROMSOE, NORWAY
e-mail      : Kjell-Helge.Strom@infomedica.telenor.no
www         : http://www.tft.tele.no/kjellh/
Phone/Fax   : +47 77 61 27 89 / +47 77 61 27 02
Mobile Phone: +47 91 35 26 29
     "'oe' is '\o{}'  and 'OE' is '\O{}' in TeX"

  You get paid in a knowledge based company only
  if you don't know the answer to the questions ...