Re: Testing the new boot floppies

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 06:08:09PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Greg Schafer wrote:
> > The network setup logic in dbootstrap is now completely different.
> > Someone needs to revisit it and redo the logic.
>
> Would it make more sense to just not have dbootstrap prompt about ppp at
> all (can ppp be turned on used directly from dbootstrap?), and let me take
> care of it in base-config?

Actually, it's not as bad as I first made out.

Dbootstrap network setup prompts for hostname, it then looks for loaded
NIC drivers and if it doesn't find any, throws up a problem box

"no network interfaces found. if you have a network card pls abort network
config & load the req'd module 1st. Do you want to abort network config?"

saying no here just continues on with the install. Its at this point that
the ppp option should be written to dbootstrap_settings. BTW, i think that
dialogue should be reworded.

OTOH, you're probably right, just ask the PPP question in base-config
regardless of what happens in dbootstrap and everyones happy. Although it
means an extra question for people who don't care about PPP.

AFAIK, ppp is not used directly from within dbootstrap/install routine but
only after 1st reboot.

		Greg