Re: some bugs

Hello!

On 15 Mar 2000, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS <edmundo@rano.org> writes:
>
> > 2) The boot floppy created by dbootstrap took about 10 minutes to
> > boot. Incredible. I cleaned by teeth and emptied the dish-washer while
> > waiting for it to read in the kernel. The rescue floppy works fine. Do
> > other people experience this, or is it due to an oddity in my
> > hardware?
>
> I've heard a *lot* of complaints that the custom rescue disk created
> by dbootstrap is hosed.  often people can't seem to use it at all.
> Maybe they're yanking it out too early.  Anyhow, it's just a question
> of someone looking into this problem and fixing it in CVS.
I think, this can be a LILO problem. If you using lilo without the compact
option the floppy read will be _VERY_ long. So I think, we need to use
compact on rescue disks, but the README of lilo, says it may not work with
some hardwares. So what can we do? Work fast, but not all times, or work
slow, but always?

Risko Gergely
risko@njszki.hu