Re: Directory structure

Ross Boylan <RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org> writes:
> At 02:56 PM 3/14/00, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> >Some time ago I posted my proposed directory structure (at
> >http://www.uk.debian.org/~costar/bootdisks/disks-test/).

> My take on this was that proved to be too big a change to implement for
> this release cycle.  I'd love to see it go in, if it could.
> My take was as a participant in making the proposal, but purely a spectator
> to the actual doing it.

Actually, I disagree.  The scheme has many problems:

- the model doesn't demonstrate how subarches and flavors would work;
  its i386-centric
- big-disk sucks as the dir name for base2_2.tgz
- why are disk-2.88 and network peers of each other; the layout has not logic to it

Again, I'm pretty happy with the scheme we have now and am disinclined to change it.