Re: [CVS] `br_woody_exp' created, I'm a GNU rewrite the Makefiles.

On Sat, Mar 04, 2000 at 07:22:20PM -0800, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
>     Michael> Hmm...  I have a question for you. :)  I thought that branches are for
>     Michael> supporting old versions...  While trunk is for "bleeding edge" stuff.
>     Michael> I'd say that if you want to start to work on woody's boot floppies,
>     Michael> you'd better create a branch for *potato*.
>
>     Michael> What do you think?
>
>  Read what I wrote again, please.
I did. :)  Maybe I was not clear enough. :)  To my mind, any *woody* branches
should appear only after woody is released.  Just having a
something-woody-something branch may be a bit confusing.  I had a rather
*ideological* question.  Time to time, names do matter, and I believe this is
the case here.  If you had certain ideas behind creating a new branch (like
what we see in subject line), IMHO, it were better to name the branch something
like makefile_rewriting. :)

--
Mike