D-I and UTF-8

Hello!

I must have missed the discussion, as this question should have been
raised several times: If the first stage of the installer uses UTF-8
anyway, wouldn't it be wiser to configure the second step also into
UTF-8 and thus make UTF-8 the default encoding?

BTW, I know the console is currently almost uncapable of UTF-8, but
anyway -- it won't ever be, as I see it... Redhat has done the step,
what should be done, so that Debian can also?

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org