Re: Change blends.debian.net to use new-website branch

Hi All,

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 06:53:10PM +0100, Iain R. Learmonth wrote stuff.

I have unfortunately run out of holiday. Here's what I've done over the past
week:

  * Things that are live:
    - Redesigned the blends.debian.org homepage
    - Redesigned the hamradio blend website
      (http://blends.debian.org/hamradio/)
    - Built live CDs for the hamradio blend based on jessie
    - debian-hamradio is now included in unstable, waiting for migration
      to testing
  * Things that are ready to go live, but are not yet live:
    - Automated weekly builds of the hamradio live image based on stretch on
      official Debian infrastructure (cdimage.d.o -
      waiting for debian-hamradio migration)
    - The migration of the blends.debian.org website to using Jekyll
    - An updated website for Debian Med and Debian Games Blend
      (http://blends.debian.net/{med,games}/)
  * Things I would like to do but haven't had time this week:
    - Have more of the website autogenerated
    - Consider translations of website text
    - Integration with cdimage.d.o
    - Publication of RDFa (linked with rdf.debian.net)
    - Inclusion of information about blends in rdf.debian.net
    - Consolidate information on Debian Med into a single website as it is
      currently spread across multiple locations (blend.d.o, www.d.o,
      alioth and wiki.d.o)

I'm not sure at which point I'll next have a chunk of time to work on this.
If people are happy to go forward with the Jekyll based website, which is
currently live at blends.debian.net, I can merge this onto master and move
blends.debian.net back to tracking master too. This does require that you
have Jekyll available to make any changes to the static content on
blends.debian.org. In the future, I'd like to have the rebuilding of static
content happening on the server side, but haven't had time to implement
that.

Thanks to everyone for their help and feedback.

Iain.

--
e: irl@fsfe.org            w: iain.learmonth.me
x: irl@jabber.fsfe.org     t: EPVPN 2105