Re: [GSoC] blends-gen-control hints (Was: blends-dev, gsoc 2013)

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 11:14:16AM +0300, Emmanouil Kiagias wrote:
> For the moment these are my todo:
>
> * Update blend-gen-control for handling
> virtual-package-depends-without-real-package-depends
> * Sum up all the missing packages problematic cases/differences from
> {sec-}blend-gen-control output.
>  as you told me in a previous mail:
>  * check alternative way to create single control file

OK for todo list

> Once I cover the above todos what should come next( today-tomorrow and next
> week)? How should we continue?

I think if the above is done we could step over to really create arch
dependant metapackages.  So bringing the source package we created using
the tools above to a status where we can say

   debuild

on a certain arch and metapackages are ready.

Another thing where I'm always concerned about is that sometimes the
tasks files do contain versioned packages (libraries including sonames,
other kind of versions).  One the versioned packages are upgraded people
usually forget upgrading the tasks.  We should finally find some way to
verify whether a package is just missing from our vision because it was
just updated and its name has changed.