Re: simple-ccd with packages from etch-backports?

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 08:51:40AM +0200, Dieter Hendricks wrote:
> > so, you'd have to download simple-cdd from bzr:
> >
> > bzr get http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/bzr/simple-cdd/simple-cdd-devel/
> >
> > mkdir -p ~/my-simple-cdd/tools/mirror/
> > cp simple-cdd-devel/tools/mirror/reprepro ~/my-simple-cdd/tools/mirror/
> >
> > set in profiles/FOO.conf:
> >
> > backports=true
> > # optional:
> > #backports_mirror=http://backports.org/debian
> > backports_packages="whitespace separated list of packages you want installed"
> >
> > good luck.

> I got the version above - and had a very bad result:
> it seems the reprepro script generates an endless loop ( I had hundreds of processes), after some time my machine hung (out of memory).
>
> So, that was not the result I want to have. ;-)

please give more information, as it works for me in at least a basic
case (building an etch CD with 1 package from backports.org, on a sid
build environment).

what commandline arguments did you use? what's in the profiles/ dir
that's not present in /usr/share/simple-cdd/profiles (or differing from
the profiles dir in the bzr branch)?

live well,
  vagrant