Re: problem found while trying to install shorewall

just for info, I have now changed the hosts file to read:

<eth0_IP> <hostname.domainname> <hostname>  external_ip

No luck.  still the same complaint.  Is it possible that debconf-dcc is at
fault?

The error message reads 'unable to get ext_name from results of getent
external_ip but the proper syntax is:

getent hosts external_ip

I tried looking through the debconf-dcc package files but could not find any
reference to getent.

Chris