Re: kernel config used for cluster knoppix

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:37:55PM +0100, kegwasher elucidated:
> As there is no newsgroup (yet) for a beowulf using knoppix I will keep
> asking my questions here.  Does anyone have the kernel config with a list
> of patches used.  I can not seem to find one and the idea of blindly
> guessing sounds pretty boring.

Well, I guess it depends on what you're trying to do.  I have a cluster
that I installed debian on and am using SGE, PVM and MPI.  That kind of
setup doesn't require any special patches to the kernel (for example
like a bproc system).  I used the standard 2.4.21 kernel from Debian,
configured to my specific hardware, and used systemimager to install it
on all the nodes.

--
Dale Harris
rodmur@maybe.org